Sunday, October 20, 2013

Deep Autumn


So I've figured out how this all works ... This "social media" nonsense, and the keeping of accounts and pages ...

It's like this:  nobody gives a shit about what you post.  Nobody's reading.  Nobody's watching or "following" you, and if they are, what for?  People are told what -- and who -- to read, watch and follow -- and "like" -- by recently posted ("freshly pressed") feeds, and under the same rules of engagement as back in high school:  the prom kings and queens with already large followings migrate their real worlds online ... and beyond this, they all bring their real world je ne sais quois with them too - which lead to advantages, always have.

I only bring baggage.  I'm damaged goods, in personal name and reputation.  Those who know and matter -- my own real worlds -- know better; those who don't yet, but might like to ... Might "like", or be looking, to follow or "friend" ... might initially be scared off or stopped in their tracks.

I know for a fact this has been the case on many occasions since 2010 -- and at this point, it's tiresome.  But the damage is done, the damn damage inflicted ... Goddamn you for damaging me ...

Damaged goods.



But where was I?

Oh, right.  Social media ...

So if I did believe anyone was reading, and delusional enough to think they cared, I'd be like, "Sorry for being out of touch on my blog for a couple of weeks.  Lots of new posts coming soon!"

This would be ridiculous.  I'd be talking to myself.  Suffice it to say, the offline world is much more interesting - always has been to me, always will.

Still, I do enjoy 'putting things out there'.  Read it, don't read it.  "Follow", don't follow me.  Don't waste (my) time, though, trying to weigh in:  my peanut galleries will always be closed.  No offense, but I'm not looking for "friends" here.

I'm only here for the SEO ...